1. The advent of the Internet is a disruptive force that has only begun to change the way we work and live.
2. Many of the jobs that have been lost in the recession are not coming back.
3. A recession, while unfortunate in the short term, gives us a chance to rethink the way we do things.
4. So long as you are alive and healthy, you are capable of achieving a lot through ingenuity and hard work.
5. Regardless of the state of the economy, if you find a way to create something of value that people will pay for, you cannot lose.
6. Coincidentally, this is also one of the best things individuals can do to help revitalize the economy.
7. If you follow your passion, create something of value, and work, everybody wins.